Already Tired of Tuesday...Siege!

Hey guys!

After an extended holiday break, it's good to be back- although I had a nice time sitting around and doing nothing, it's time to get back in the game.

The book of the week is, of course, the first issue of Marvel's new event book- Siege! I'm something of a Marvel fanboy, so it's no surprise that I'm picking this up, particularly because it looks to be the conclusion of the publisher's almost decade long macrostory. Trying to figure out where we go from here (and what exactly the promised Heroic Age is all about) is definitly part of the appeal here. Icing on the cake is the art of Oliver Copiel who, at the very least, drew the best Thor of the decade and is one of the best comic book artists at the House of Ideas. Needless to say, it's going to be a lot of fun, if not necessarily great comics.

I've decided that, although I'm not going to buy all of the tie-ins, Siege: Embedded #1 will be on my pull-list for a couple of issues, at least. I've always liked Ben Urich and, inasmuch as I think Embedded will be able to deal with the consequences of the event for the real people of Broxton, it'll have some interesting stories to tell.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Sweet Tooth #5, which is the end of the book's first arc.

Finally, I just wanted to thank all of you fine readers for stopping by in the first few months of the site. Hopefully, in the new year, our readership will only continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment