Meanwhile, at the Pull List of Clare!- 10/28/09

Why? Why the week when I have money saved up? Why why why? Oh well, at least I'll be working a few shifts next month which means more money to feed my addiction. Oh the shame! THE SHAME! I still stand by my theory that weeks like this are plots designed specifically to separate me from my money.

On the Gotham Front, I'll be picking up Batman #692, Gotham City Sirens #5, and Detective Comics #858. I'm not terribly thrilled about Tony Daniel being back on Batman. DC-- I love you guys, really I do, but Battle for the Cowl blew. I was happy with the Winick/Bagley team. However, I am a sucker and I can't pass up most Batman comics. I'm really looking forward to reading Sirens as it is a continuation of a Joker/Harley Quinn story, and Paul Dini is the master of those stories. He invented them after all. Batwoman: Detective Comics has actually really grown on me. At first the story was only so-so but it's a lot more interesting now. Plus the art and panel layout is not just eye candy, it's a rich, decadent eye desert.

There are also three Blackest Night books coming out that I'm really looking forward to! First is Blackest Night: Titans #3. This hasn't been the best out of the Blackest Night mini-series but it holds a special place in my heart because it's the Titans. Also, it is good! Next is Green Lantern #47. After some awesome Sinestro stuff (a.k.a kicking Mongul's sorry ass!) we're moving back to the war between the Blue Lanterns and Agent Orange. This means more Saint Walker, and he's my favorite. And finally, the best-- Blackest Night #4. Still loving this, and if the book is half as good as that cover it will be money well spent.

Other DC books that will be making their way into my shortbox are Teen Titans #76. Even with McKeever gone, this book isn't picking it up. In all honesty, I should give this up but I can't give up hope that one day it will be good. And then there will be some Supes in my life in the forms of Superman Secret Origin #2 and Superman #693. Robinson's run on Supes has been great from the beginning and I love the Mon-El/Guardian stuff. However, what I'm really looking forward to is Superman Secret Origin. Johns and Frank (with Sibal's inks of course) team up to do a beautiful retelling. Look for a review of this within the coming weeks!

On the Marvel side there are only a few books. I'm making it a point to read all of "The List" so I'll be grabbing Dark Reign: The List- Punisher and Dark Reign: The List- Wolverine. I'm really interested in seeing how the all fit together when it's all done. It's a series of one-shots that ultimately are a mini-series. Plus, it's a nice way to see what's going on in parts of the Marvel Universe that I don't follow. I'm also getting Dark Reign: Young Avengers #5 and New Avengers #58.

Stuff that I can't afford this week (or for awhile) but would really like to own-- The Sandman Dream Hunters HC and the Old Man Logan HC. Sigh. So many nice hardcovers coming out lately. I still really want that new 1602 HC as well. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment