Quote for the Week 7/7/11

"My problem with Marvel is many-fold, but the general attitude seemed to be that having super-powers makes your life worse. For me the bottom line wasn't "Hey, look, even Peter Parker has trouble getting a date!" it was "Oh, crap, even super-heroes can't get dates - what possible chance to I have? This is the most depressing thing I've ever read!" :)"
~ John Ordover, former editor in charge of Star Trek prose-novels at Pocket Books, including the Star Trek: The New Frontier series which proved popular enough to spawn two comic-book minis from IDW Publishing, writing on my Facebook wall this week.

I agree in theory, although I disagree in practice. I love me some pathetic Spider-Man stories! I think that was made clear in this editorial about lovable-loser characters in comics.

~ @JonGorga

No comments:

Post a Comment