I've Held My Tongue Long Enough!


I've tried to be patient with you, Marvel. And really, I love you, I do- you take about ten dollars from me on any given week, so I must love you, right?

But I can't be patient anymore- I'm pissed off and I'm not going to take it.

Why am I pissed off? Coming out in June are:

Six comics with Deadpool in the title
A Spider-Ham 25th Anniversary Special
Two minis with titles beginning "Spider-Man Presents..."
A "Darkstar and Winter Guard" mini
A Hercules in Space mini?
The start of a new "Hawkeye and Mockingbird" series

and where, in the name of the ever-lovin-blue-eyed-Thing, is Daniel Rand?

It's been months since the Immortal Weapons one-shots ended and we were promised that the Immortal Iron Fist was not canceled.

Well it looks like it is, and I call foul. I know, I know, Marvel knows its business better than I do... but look. Luke Cage is in the middle of a renaissance and his best buddy is nowhere to be found. In its heyday, Brubaker, Fraction and Aja's Immortal Iron Fist was one of the best books out there, about a character almost no one cared about. It was so effective that some people, (read: me) are now actually fans of the character that no one cares about. And what do you do, Marvel? Why, you leave me high and dry!

So, thus begins my quest to return the Immortal Iron Fist to exactly where he belongs- comics pages anywhere. I'm going to review the new Iron Fist stories. I'm going to review old Iron Fist stories. I'm going to write and draw my own Iron Fist stories and I'm not going to stop until I get what I want (and believe me when I say my comics are going to be torturous).

So, that's where I stand- I'll see you in the funny pages, Marvel Comics. The newsprint ain't big enough for the both of us.

In the meantime, I'm going to go learn Kung Fu.

(actually, I was going to do most of this stuff anyway- but I figured couching it in revolutionary language might get people who aren't me to care.)

No comments:

Post a Comment