Rachael Smith Throws A House Party


Rachael Smith, who I interviewed last summer about her comic I Am Fire and whose webcartoon Flimsy the Kitten is an internet treasure, is pre-releaseing her next project, called House Party, through Kickstarter. I could tell you about it, but I'll let Rachael:
House Party will be a 92 page graphic novel where three lost 20-somethings are feeling disillusioned after being shoved into the real world since feeling like superstars at university. In an attempt to get their carefree composure and happiness back they throw a massive house party, just like they used to. Instead of reconnecting them with their younger selves, however, things go a little differently and the three of them must decide how to move forward in lives that none of them really asked for.
I thought I Am Fire was excellent, and House Party looks just as good. If you're into Young Avengers or Hawkeye, my guess is you'll dig it. There are many more preview pages up at the Kickstarter. Think about pre-ordering the book while you're there; I did, and I'm already satisfied.  

No comments:

Post a Comment