In brightest day....

In blackest night
No teaser poster shall escape my sight.
Let all who worship movie critics' might
Beware my power
Green Lantern's light poster.


Okay, so I couldn't make it rhyme. Deal with it. You get the gist. I'm excited for this movie. I really am. Though in my heart of hearts I know it will probably disappoint me, like an ex-boyfriend that claims to have changed. But the flashy teaser poster and the promise of Mark Long as Sinestro keeps drawing me in. Then I remember the fact that they cast Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and I'm torn again.

But besides the truly baffling choice of having skinny, blonde Lively playing a tough, pilot chick like Carol, my major fear about the Green Lantern movie is that I'm worried there won't be enough of, you know, everyone else. Now I'm not expecting John or Guy or Kyle (that would be dumb, because they came later) but what I want to see is Kilowog, Tomar Re, maybe even Katma Tui. You know, the Lanterns from other sectors that make the comic book so much fun. Little known fact, Kilowog is totally my favorite Lantern.

So far IMDB isn't listening any non-earthlings besides Abin Sur and Sinestro, which doesn't look good for me. Now I'm assuming we'll at least get The Guardians, but what I love so much about the Green Lantern comics is the range of characters. I want to see Hal become a Lantern, but dammit, I want dudes from space too. So please don't break my heart DC, and deliver me a Green Lantern movie as awesome as the comics (and as awesome as that poster).

Later, poozers. Lantern Sector 2814.5 out.

3 comments:

  1. How about:

    "In brightest day
    In blackest night
    No bread shall escape my toaster.
    Let all who worship movie critics' coasters
    Beware my power
    Green Lantern's poster."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that simply lacks the dramatic power required here Josh.

    Hmm... breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I don't own a toaster, and you wouldn't want me to lie to our fine readers!

    ReplyDelete